I quite my job today! Two weeks notice submitted, new job at the Idaho State Archives as a Research Assistant and Territorial Project Archivist secured. I wouldn't exactly call my old position a monarch, nor did I have a thrown (sad huh?), but I am indeed abdicating my duties as Technical Records Specialist. Never again will I do a job that requires 10 hours of sitting at a desk, staring at a computer screen. As happy as I am to make this change in my life, I do want to thank my coworkers and boss, I learned a lot from that position and from them. It's simply that that job was tearing me down, eating at my soul. Not sure how someone could do ten years there! Well, at least I managed to squeeze in some fun. Like the time our HR lady said that my small picture of Betty Grable (a super mild pin-up from the 40's) was offensive and against office policy, so I printed out ten or so stickers of her and stuck them under all the cabinets, filing drawers, desks, and conference tables. Sneaky me. Or like the time our network and internet went down and no one could do any work for nearly half a day, so I played with my camera phone...
![]() |
| the HR lady's office is right behind mine :) |















No comments:
Post a Comment