why does the last stretch before reaching any zenith seem the most daunting? why does this small climb of my journey seem the most difficult to traverse?
I'm about to finish my undergraduate degree and life seems to be crumbling back toward me, like dirt and rubble rumbling down a steep mountain peak. As my elbow shields my face from the shower of grime, I take one deep and rooted step at a time, remembering all the small steps I have taken to get this far.
But good news keeps me fueled. I received in the mail not one, but four letters of acceptance to graduate programs in Library and Information Science. The first took me by surprise, seeing as I completed the application process earlier this year and...well, let thoughts of the future slip from my mind. I have since decided to accept enrollment at the University of Washington. Their i-school is the fourth best MLIS program in the nation. and I was accepted. no big deal. I will begin taking classes in the online cohort starting late http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifSeptember. An online forum with faculty, staff, and current students helped to solidify my decision. I'm excited for the transition to online learning (good excuse to teach myself HTML this summer). I will be moving to Boise in June and then will await news of OTS. I recently connected with an i-school student who is enlisted (and deployed) with the US Marines and she says that, although tough, being in the military and getting you grad degree simultaneously is doable.

ischool
now just to climb that last little bit of this mountain and begin my descent.
p.s. I think I've already blogged about this (twice). Sorry for the repetition. I usually repeat things when I excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment