I am a snapdragon according to this quiz.Snapdragons have always been my favorite flower. It used to be my duty to dead-head them while working in my step-grandparent's garden. I'd be sent off, armed with a pair of scissors and gardening gloves that hung from my finger tips, extra fabric dangling and dirty, too big-for my small hands. I'd tromp around the garden looking for their long leafy stems. Once found, I'd pinch off the buds and make it look like the heads was eating something far off in the distance; snapping up a bee, or the bright sun. Overheated, I'd kapult back onto the thick grass and inhale the pungent aroma of ripe tomatoes and count the bird seeds as the fell from a nylon stocking hung in the cool, dark shade of the sycamore tree. My work was always rewarded with a sandwich, which I nommmmed down, pretending that I too was a snapping-dragon. nom, nom, nom.
there are days, no matter how far away my childhood may seem, that I miss San Diego with all my being.
Let's move there and get 5 other roommates so we can actually afford to live there! Ah, I can feel the warmth of that sun now!
ReplyDelete